Tuesday 2 August 2011

I am a liar-face...

Yeah, so regular updates.. Ahem...


Anyhoo, we finally have home internet (!) and a comfy sofa (!!) from which to post so I thought I should put up some pics :) Or at least attempt to...


This is from our trip to get here - sleepy/spaced out, arrival in Changi airport, Singapore:




This is the flight tracker thingy on the airplane:

Look how far away we are!

We got to Melbourne and were picked up at the airport, I've talked about our few days in Melbourne in a previous post, but here are some pics from there (it seemed lovely, through our jetlagged haze):

Then we got to Adelaide and zoned out for a few days... :D 

Over the first few days (and still now) I was very excited by the mad birds they have here, including larikeets:


and birds that sound like R2-D2 - they're magpies Jim, but not as we know them (they're about 50% bigger than our magpies - they're frickin HUGE!):


The zoo is also RIGHT BESIDE where we stayed, and my work (it's about midway between the two). We have yet to get there but I really want to see the main attraction, so apparently it's an early trip for that (pandas sleep a LOT):

Also. Adelaide likes it some duck crossings. They have lots of signs for them, and they're all different... 




One of Dave's favourite things about the temporary accommodation was the orange tree that was literally right outside our door:


I liked that this is what was between there and work:



There are parks circling the city centre, so my walk to work still cuts through the park and now takes in the Botanic Gardens too, which is another post in itself. The park is very pretty, and they have free public-use barbecues. I love Australia. 


Anyhoo, more later, this is getting long. But yes. We like it here :)


Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment