Friday 8 July 2011

Daves first blog

Hey all, I've been told that I've to contribute to this and as it helps put off looking for a job I'm gonna kick the arse out of it.
Oz be good and the old cliche of the little things that are different being the oddest is true. Cans of juice are 375ml as are bottles, Pints are not emperically measured (unless specifically stated) and a beer pint is 425ml which, I'm sorry Oz, makes no sense at all in any measure!
Saying that, it means the beer has less time to warm up in your hands and I'm probably less likely to drink myself stupid. Both bonuses. Neither make up for the $7 drinks.

We are currently staying in Katherine Lumley College as temporary accomodation provided by Catherines work which is pretty cool. It's just a butt and ben really with a wee orange tree outside.
Oranges, by the way, are way tastier just off the tree. I didn't think there would be much to it but I picked one off and smelled it and it was ace so took another. Ate one and left the other 'till the next day and the next day, hardly any smell in comparison and the taste was just not as good.

Ooops, flat viewing (pain in the buttocks). I shall write more soon.

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment